For the ninth consecutive year, Genworth surveyed long term care service providers throughout the nation to analyze the current cost of long term care services.
In doing so, Genworth recognized several emerging trends:
1) The cost of long term care among facility-based providers has increased approximately 4.28 percent annually over the last five years;
2) The cost of non-skilled home care providers has remained generally the same over the last five years;
Regardless of any identifiable trends, however, it is still important to recognize that North Carolina’s average care costs break down as follows:
1) Homemaker and home health aides cost $40,000 on average a year;
2) Adult day healthcare costs $13,500 on average a year;
3) Assisted living facilities cost $35,000 on average a year; and
4) Skilled nursing facilities cost $70,000 on average a year.
To learn more about the survey and to read about Genworth’s key findings or the full report, go here.